Grant Burnify the MEX Token Burn Role

Burnify has been actively participating in burning MEX tokens to contribute to the ecosystem. So far, we’ve burned 3.1 billion MEX (~516 EGLD or $12,842), but there’s a hiccup!

Currently, we’re sending the tokens to the deaddeaddead wallet, which doesn’t reflect in the circulating supply on the explorer.

Proposal: Assign the ‘Burn Role’ to Burnify SC for MEX to streamline the process and display accurate data in the token explorer.

Cheers! :beers:

20 Likes

that will be awesome, let’s hope it will happen :+1:

3 Likes

Hey @iuga !

Interesting idea, but I wonder if it could pose any safety problems. :thinking:

On the other hand, this raises an interesting point, which is that the protocol should take into account the tokens in the erddeadeadead address in order to remove them from the circulating supply ! Which could be a roundabout way of tackling the problem, or for example provide for a periodic burn of assets in this wallet, if possible.

This would be an interesting feedback to give to the xExplorer team.

In any case, kudos for all thoses burns :zap:

4 Likes

Hey @xfoudres :beers:

Thanks for your reply.
It will not raise any safety issues, as the SC will be able to burn only tokens he owns.
As of the tokens from the deaddeaddead wallet, that’s a done deal :sweat_smile: . In theory, the team should not have access to that wallet (so not sure how the burn will happen). It would be nice to have it though.

We’d love to have the burn role for MEX as it is the only token going to deaddead wallet so far :sweat:

Cheers! :beers:

5 Likes

You deserve the burn role for MEX. Great project😍

3 Likes

Burnify.app is definitely helping mex token. Burn access should be granted.

5 Likes

Congrats guys for the idea of burning MEX! Assigning the ‘Burn Role’ to Burnify SC for MEX is a great step forward, so I hope this will be accepted.

Till then, let’s buuuuuurrrrn! :fire:

6 Likes

Very interesting point @iuga! And thank you for contributing to xExchange like this!! Forwarding this internally.

6 Likes

Just grant the access to burn MEX…yeahh

3 Likes

@iuga Could you please give me the address you want the burn role to be granted?

3 Likes

@lucaswillems this is our SC address:
Name: Burnify: Minter
erd1qqqqqqqqqqqqqpgqxetccmv9rjefu2fwtw7a6kkx0tsqtqxpp4ssj8shz4

:pray:

2 Likes

Burnify.app is the greatest idee in this bearmaket and all projects need to burn some token supply in order to rezist forward… I love $Mex and $bfy! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks :pray: I’ve forwarded it internally. Will let you know once the role is given.

2 Likes

@iuga Burn role granted :white_check_mark:

8 Likes